People tell me that they don’t make New Year’s Resolutions (NYR) anymore…
I am skeptical. You may not call them such, but are you telling me that you have not taken stock of 2017 over the holidays and crafted some plans for the New Year?
To me, NYRs include planned revenue numbers, profits, paying off the credit line, replacing low performers, launching a new product, etc. If you are a medium size or larger company, you surely have a budget or annual business plan the numbers in which you want to hit. If they are handled like most small and medium size businesses do… with lots of good intentions but no clear process for accountability, than they are no more than a NYR: A collection of wishes and hopes with no clear plan, and even less chance, to achieve them.
Make Appropriate Goals
Some NYR self-sabotage include business owners setting overly aggressive goals that we cannot reasonable be accountable to achieving them. Others are too conservative and set single digit growth objectives that inflation will take care of. No need to make an effort, or God forbid, change anything of substance.
So why not take your NYR seriously for once? Why not set a handful of stretch-, but achievable SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time-bound) goals. Also, why not make them real and write them down and even carve them in stone? Wouldn’t that be fun?
So how do I “carve” a NYR in stone? Is that a thing? — You may be asking yourself.
Well, I happen to have a chisel for you that can get the job done. It is called (drums rolling…) the Entrepreneurial Operating System® (EOS).
EOS is the Key to Resolution Success
EOS® is a chisel that will help you and your team:
- Not set more and bigger goals than you can achieve, while still stretching yourself.
- Create clear personal ownership for each of your goals. No overlaps, no ambiguity.
- Be working on your goals all the time. No last minute “ifs”, “buts” and “onlys”. No circumstances will be allowed to rob you of the precious fruits of your plans.
- Figure out any issues that would throw you guys off your plans. You will be able to fix each problem soon as it has raised its ugly head.
- Know the actions to take daily to progress towards your goals. There will be complete clarity at all times of where you are in the process.
As you can see, I’ve got the tool for you, so please stop making those excuses.
Instead, visit: https://tractionequity.com and let EOS tattoo your 2018 goals into the company process, so that you can kick back smiling after next year’s Holiday Party.